Prepare the requirements, choosing emulator and database server guide
First step to make your own Ragnarok Server, Ragnarok Online or maybe Offline Server, you must prepare anything that needed for your Ragnarok Online / Offline Server. I hope this guide will help you to make your own server. 😀
- Decide what kind of server do you want to build, pre-renewal, or renewal ragnarok server.
- Download the emulator which will you use.
- MySQL ragnarok server or TXT server
Download The Emulator (Manually)
eAthena emulator. If you like Ragnarok Online/Offline Server with pre-renewal system, better you download eAthena emulator. Download latest eAthena emulator here or you can download the emulator from eAthena Github here.
You can see this page to download the emulator: Download Ragnarok Emulator
Download The Emulator (Using TortoiseSVN)
Wait, before you download the trunk directory manually, better you install this program to make your way easily, TortoiseSVN.
- Download TortoiseSVN.
- Install TortoiseSVN to your computer.
- TortoiseSVN is shell program, that mean, to use this program to download eAthena or rAthena emulator, make empty folder first, then right-click it > SVN Checkout… then insert the repository URL on URL of repository. You can use http://eathena-project.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ for eAthena and https://rathena.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rathena/trunk/ for rAthena and for 3CeAM is http://3ceam.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/rewrite/.
- Here, I try to make the clean server with rAthena emulator.
- Click OK.
- It will downloads everything inside the repository URL, wait until it done.
Download XAMPP for Ragnarok (My)SQL Server
If you think you will make your server as SQL server, you can download the MySQL as database. I’d like to download the MySQL server with Apache server too, why? If you running your server as SQL Server, you can make Control Panel for it and you can test the server’s control panel on your local computer. I’d love to you XAMPP, download latest XAMPP here.
Next, install the XAMPP, this is the guide to install and use it for your own Ragnarok Offline Server.
- After downloading the XAMPP, double-click it. Just click Next.
- Select your destination folder.
- I suggest you to check “Install Apache as service” and “Install MySQL as service”. They will run every your computer is starting up, or if you don’t check them, you must turn them on before you play your Ragnarok Offline Server.
- Wait until the installation success, to trun on or off it, go to installation folder, then double-click xampp-control.exe. You only need turn on/off Apache and MySQLmodule.
Ragnarok Online Server Guide – Make own Ragnarok Online/Offline Server Guide 2: Preparing ClientSide and Compiling Server. (Choose the client version and compile the server using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010)